Friday, October 5, 2012

Spring is coming


Also re-published and re-shared at: 

Carpe Diem, seize the day a new daily haiku meme




It's early in the morning of March 21, the start of Spring. I love this morning. Its every year a great day to me. Celebrating Spring ... the young green leaves start to bloom and all those blossoming trees. Birds chanting and lambs in the field. Spring ... the beginning of the light part of the year.
After the dark time of autumn and winter finally the light has come back. Today the sun is shining bright when I come out of my bed. "Yes", I think ... finally I can go out sitting in the sun. I have a nice garden with lovely trees and bushes and when it's a sunny day I go out. Love to feel the sun on my skin. "At last. Spring is there. I go out with the kids playing in the park and do some fishing in the pond. I smell the blooming flowers, narcissus, crocus, clover, the cherry and plum blossoms. Awesome! This is my time of the year.
Spring ... a season of new life, new beginnings and young animals and birds. It's also my season to write haiku. I have written a lot of Spring haiku mostly about the blossoming trees of Cherry and Plum. Today it's the first day of Spring a light breeze caresses my hair and my body. Mm feels great love that feeling.

spring breeze
caresses the fragile blossoms
of young cherry trees

Photo by Andre Anderson - Hazy Moon
At night I see the hazy moon. Mysterious hidden behind the clouds. She, the moon, is still a bit shy on this first night of Spring, but than ... she is no longer hiding ... the clouds fall apart and than ... her lovely face ... the full moon of March. What a sight! Neo Pagans calling her "death moon", Chinese calling her "Sleepy moon" and the ancient Celtic name of her is "Moon of Winds". Isn't it great all those names for her ... the moon ... our natural satellite?

moon of winds
showing her face through the clouds
what a mysterious sight


finally Spring
green leaves open carefully -
the Death Moon

"Death Moon" strange name for the moon of March. March the month of Spring, new life sprouting, cherry blossoms bloom and than she, our lovely moon, called "Death Moon". It's for sure a strange name and I am not sure what it means, but it makes some contrast with the new life, the new beginning, the starting of the light part of year. Maybe "Death" stands for ending the dark part of the year or ... I don't really know.

Spring brings joy and happiness. Spring ... that's my season.

cherry blossoms bloom
such a fragile beauty -
the Spring breeze

10 comments:

  1. Your first haiku was so gentle! I consider Fall to be my favorite season but there's definitely something magical about the way things come back to life in Spring.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'At last. Spring is there. I go out with the kids playing in the park and do some fishing in the pond. I smell the blooming flowers' You've said it Chev! It cannot be any other way, the lush green over the drab cold.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely haikus embedded hear. Very light and flowing imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your haikus are wonderful and your images of Spring make me long for it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing is very spring-like, tender and light. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. My birthday is March 21! I look forward to coming back and contemplating the new life I have ahead of me on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bit late I know, but sometimes other things are more important to me. Thank you all for your nice comments on this haibun.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Wonderful haiku ~ every one penned so well and excellent photography ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your haiku is just wonderful.I love the first line 'moon of winds' It sets a lovely mood.

    ReplyDelete